Skip to main content

paparazzi


you can't stop
it screams your name
licks 
your shoulders and
claws your back

your hips
born 
to the rhythm
the hook
a roadmap of your soul

your nights 
restless
roping the wind
mining diamonds
on the sun

you stop to 
breathe
and all the world is
still
as rockets

~

what the world needs
now
you tell yourself
is a good old fashioned
sweet l'il 
supernova

a common 
natural disaster
inglorious bastard 
enemy
to bring us 
all together


Rene ~ July 2012
Public domain image, Supernova fragment, NASA

Comments

  1. interesting title...it throws me from the verse a bit...i could think of a few things i would not mind keeping me up at night...the use of words nuisance though make me feel this one is not fun though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the supernova made me sing Liz Phair the whole time. she'd love this raw worded poem, just like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...as still as rockets..." and the last four lines: what hooks you cast, my dear. Ah, I may steal, possibly, if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be interpreted many ways. To me, it's political.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please drop a penny in a poet's hat :

Popular posts from this blog

natasha

There was a haunting beauty behind her eyes, beyond her sorrow, a beauty that found its way into one’s heart and led them home.