she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
Pretending is the first step in conquering anything.
ReplyDeletelove the stretch and bend imagery.
ReplyDeletepretending
ReplyDeletethe dark had no claim
on your lonely clumsy soul
And perhaps bravery will follow the pretense? :)
I tend to feel we all have clumsy souls. I do. I am always trying to make sense of things in life. I never quite do. There is so much mystery in ourselves and even those we know best.
ReplyDeleteLovely poem.
They say 'lighting is everything' for a good reason ... nice Mag!
ReplyDeleteswear i commented on this one the other day....the darkness is there for us all...as much as we deny it...smiles.
ReplyDeleteIt lurks about all around, but to each the light must be found. Wonderful verse.
ReplyDeleteWe could all use a guiding light. Help fathom life's dark times.
ReplyDeleteFascinating opening line...wow...love it...
ReplyDeleteThis one really grabs me, Rene. The image of the "lonely clumsy soul" is so poignant. Good one, kiddo!
ReplyDelete