she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
The briefness of the poem actually add more content.. the last line is perfect here.
ReplyDeletei agree, the last line is perfect :)
ReplyDeleteAlot of depth and impact in your poem! Inspired... !!
ReplyDeleteThis is an effective poem that really makes me think.... We all should have a river to transport us to the other side of a catastrophe, I think.
ReplyDeleteI admire that carving of the river ~
ReplyDeleteOh how I love this. Every perfect word.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful economy of words to convey so much!
ReplyDeletePerfection and I agree the end is wonderful!
ReplyDeletelovely tribute
ReplyDelete...and life is so worth living.
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteNice, succinct, and says it all in a few lines
ReplyDeleteWow, say it like it is!
ReplyDeleteIt's also very effective reading it from the last line to the first.
ReplyDeleteHandy things , rivers , you can move along them ....
ReplyDeleteA certain write and a comforting thought
ReplyDeleteOoh. Excellent.
ReplyDeleteEverything diminishes with the right company. Indigo x
ReplyDeletedelicious!!
ReplyDeleteShort and succinct! I like it. It's sweet.
ReplyDeleteSharp and short and clever; well done.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm!
ReplyDeleteZQ
i like this so much
ReplyDeletegreat use of the river in this verse - real strength in each word
ReplyDeletethat´s human!
ReplyDeleteI love this...
ReplyDeleteRene...one of my next books is entitled A River Runs Through Me: Outer Trauma | Inner Healing...I need this poem in the first page....xoxoxo
ReplyDelete