she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
well done! This was quite the image to write about.
ReplyDeleteFinal victor is in celebration mode! :)
ReplyDeleteShe got the bastard!
ReplyDeleteWhew, so much said in few words...powerful story. Makes me want to cheer!
ReplyDeleteOh yes.. that is victory..
ReplyDeletePowerfully written and quite effective...
ReplyDeleteHorrors! ANd then I read the story of the picure and understood the choices here!
ReplyDeleteHoly CRAP! I read the story of the photo. Now I grasp the power in this poem. Peoples' lives are more unbelievable than anything we could ever make up.
ReplyDeleteWow, this is just perfect, your words solid and bold actually put a lot of sense into this photo! And, I didn't realize right off but this a photo for Tess! Oh my I hadn't seen it yet and never comment until I've written my own! Oh well!
ReplyDeleteI saw this photo prompt but didn't know the story behind it so could only imagine what some woman was doing in Hitler's bath....thank you for sharing the story behind it....makes the image so much more meaningful and rich. And your words have succinctly captured the poignancy here as well.
ReplyDeleteI echo what everyone else has said.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Your words are so very powerful. I'm glad you offered a link that describes the picture and life of this very strong woman. Whew, what a life!
ReplyDeleteFeels rather Twilight Zone-ish to me. I'm a little afraid!
ReplyDeletePearl
When I first saw the photo I was surprised! Now that I'm reading all the takes it's amazing what each of us does have to say. I like powerful brevity!
ReplyDeleteVery dark.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! A lot of power in those small lines.
ReplyDeleteSuccinct and sharp! And I 'echo echo' what everyone else has said
ReplyDeleteI am The Captain of Addis old Bathtub ....
ReplyDeleteoooo wow. bold and unafraid
ReplyDeleteWow, that is amazing. I would never to think to write something like that.
ReplyDelete