she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
Cool, Rene. Some great stuff on those old reels - priceless memories, really.
ReplyDeleteIf they are not told in fractions, then they are most certainly listened to in fractions in my house! I can never sit still to hear a whole show.
ReplyDeleteVery nice.
ReplyDeleteGreat poem! I love the line "life sounds captured mid air"
ReplyDeleteAs concise as it comes, the sounds and rhythms in harmony
ReplyDeleteI remember these old reel to reels . . . certain music is invoked in my memory when I see one.
ReplyDeleteLove this. I'm glad someone else just listens to life too,
ReplyDeleteMosk
The reels are always eager, Rene. Indigo x
ReplyDeleteI hear those sounds!
ReplyDeleteYou sure got it taped.
ReplyDeleteAnd said precisely what the machine does!
Fist time at Magpie Tales.
Eddie
Well played, Rene
ReplyDelete....and that is what a writer does...take in the sounds of life and re-play them....a brilliant write Rene!
ReplyDeleteI like this one Rene
ReplyDelete