she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
often it is in the letting go
ReplyDeletethat we are able to do those great things...
smiles.
be bold.
Thanks, Brian :)
DeleteWell I don't have anything to add after Brian!
ReplyDeleteRIP, Jack.
Pearl
Awww, Rene. Went there. Read it. For cryin' out loud, how absolutely horrible. Poor Jack. Poor Anna.
ReplyDeleteSo well written -- and closer than I can imagine getting...
Pearl
DeleteI have never met Anna or her son, Jack but Something about that kid inspires me on a daily basis.
Really.
There is no quitting or dogging that last quarter mile when he's in my head.
Yes. And all will be well, kiddo!
ReplyDeleteWow. After reading In Memory of Jack, I am also moved by Jack's Prayer. Amen for us all.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! Thank you so much! I'm so glad he's in your head and in your heart.
ReplyDelete