she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
yes
ReplyDeletewe skated.
we were, however, a bit tipsy.
LOL! I love your take on the photo this week. It fits like a glove...or should I say mitten?
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Marion
and you all looked fabulous, darling.
ReplyDeleteThis is just whimsical and bubbly. I loved it.
ReplyDeleteThey DO look like sk8er ladies, don't they? The long skirts might not have been very practical, but they look mahvelous!
ReplyDeleteClever and fitting! I'm not sure if I'll do this Magpie, but I enjoyed yours a lot. :)
ReplyDeletea fun writing, filled with thought...i wonder if they were too tired to skate after layering all those clothes on...bkm
ReplyDeleteI love the fast pace of this, I like your snow angels.
ReplyDeleteLove the light airy feel, yet aging of the picture in your words, candles reminders of times long ago, yet skating on the icing of a cake, whimsical almost. Well done.
ReplyDeletefrozen in time
ReplyDeletethe top of your world
a frosted cake
And they look a stiff as the little figures made to decortae cakes...
We need to skate. If not dance, then skate!
ReplyDeletewow, let's make a figure 8...
ReplyDeletelove your take,
your words rock.
They look like they just read the poem and are digging it. I'm sure they baked and frosted many a cake in their time. Enjoyed your take.
ReplyDeleteThey do look like little dolls on a white frosted cake. Speaking of which I could use a piece with a hot cup of tea!
ReplyDeleteWho mentioned CAKE? Must be time for tea! LOL
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely. Love the title!
ReplyDelete"Frozen in time", exactly so!
ReplyDeleteA lovely witty interpretation.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Happy Sunday! Blessings…
ReplyDeleteFriendship Awards, Enjoy!
Thanks for the support, You Rock!
xxx
thank you all for coming by, reading and commenting on my stuff. I truly appreciate it all. Really :)
ReplyDelete