Skip to main content

anticipation


the edge of winter
dark hands clutch soft white linen
new life stirs within

Comments

  1. Rene, haiku is my favorite poetry form .. yours is just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely way to start the New Year, with White Linen, Pearl and a new look....blessings...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new life stirring...i like that...nice haiku

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your anthropomorphic description of the trees. Nice haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike my friend Helen, I hate haiku. But I like this one, particularly the middle line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent words for the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder. It was well-timed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't wanna overstay my welcome, but this is a wondeful haiku.
    I think it makes me sad. I don't now why. It's really a poem of hope, isn't it?

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..dark hands clutch soft white linen..beautiful - and the pic..breath-taking..

    ReplyDelete
  11. New hope. Great way to start the year.

    Cheers,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly executed and beautiful haiku, Rene. One of my favorite forms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please drop a penny in a poet's hat :

Popular posts from this blog

don't tread on me

she's still not over the fact that  she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing  voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits,  for burying me,  prematurely,  over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and  bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out  "The Song Of The Stone Healer"

waiting for the boss

this is the story of a girl who lived in the basement of the girl next door sheltered in the confines of a  suburban tract house dungeon; her punishment for runnin' wild with dreams half unlatched she ran like a spirit in the night from those badlands wind blowin' through her hair shielding her eyes from the blinding light she hugged onto a shoreline of hope someday soon, she's not sure when her savior will rise up from the streets with an armload of rain soaked roses and second chances Rene ~ 2010 Click  Here   to join Magpie Tales creative writing group .