she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"

Of all the things this picture made me think of, arithmetic would have been the last!lol
ReplyDeleteit's more than just doing the math, though :)
DeleteThanks
Eloquent and meaningful; good writing...
ReplyDeletethank you, sir :)
DeleteWill we eventually times war with zero, then? Thanks for coming by.
ReplyDeleteSomeday we will. It is the one thing I am sure of. When is the bigger question.
DeleteYes I noticed also the change purse...but I decided it was empty. HA!
ReplyDeleteit could very well be :)
DeletePerhaps he is reading a menu and figuring out what he can afford with the money in his purse.
ReplyDeletehe's doing the math :)
Deletenicely done.....thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThanks, Wayne
DeleteLove it ... or fingers under the table tapping out the math on his knee.
ReplyDeleteJust like I did/do :)
Deletechange was in my mind....change of a different kind
ReplyDeleteI was trying to convey both here, subtlely :)
DeleteThanks, Kathe
very clever write... there's my 2 cents... haha
ReplyDeletePenny for your thoughts
DeletePut your two cents in...
Someone's making a penny
~ Steven Wright
I still count on my fingers...
ReplyDeleteof course it’s arithmetic, what else.
ReplyDeleteAlas, after my trusty solar-powered Casio calculator finally bit the dust, I feel like I no longer count.
ReplyDelete