Skip to main content

good shoes

Public domain image via vintageprintables.com


the day i found my ways
i caught myself
in a tangle
tightly twined 
around

a forkful of 
spaghetti from a can't 
just pullin' the wool 
over easy
under the radar

love, life, and my pursuits;
a hapless sock thread
ensnared by a tack
on the threshold 
unwinding, revealing

a novice habit trail
from door
to table, to chair, to bed
just livin'
but barely

breaking a sweat 
smokin'
a bowl of dead ends
Is that all there is?
Peggy Lee, blinked

lookin' for 
high bars
in low places
forcin' a smile,
though

her eyes
ordered a double
some things
are better left unsaid
but winked at?...hell yeah

I caught your act,
you charlatan 
I say, strippin' off
my socks 
I know your ways

You ought to play 
out in the mud
in your good shoes 
maybe, someday
Finally

Rene~July 2013

For 100 Word Song
The song prompt was Patti Smith's "People Have The Power."
Love her and I have always felt a kinship with her lyrics
This is my somewhat personal, disconnected take on her classic.
I'm way over 100 words...
Rene~gade.

Popular posts from this blog

natasha

There was a haunting beauty behind her eyes, beyond her sorrow, a beauty that found its way into one’s heart and led them home.