Skip to main content

the baker's daughter

Angela
the artsy girl
down the hall
can't tell you much
about her 
but what she knew 
about me
could fill at least
a thousand ears

Angela
kept birthday candles
in a jar
by her door
she'd light one
whenever I'd come around
then she'd spit
on her burnt fingers, cussin'
yeah, well that's enough outta me

Now...
"Tell me what
you are
by what you wish for,
bear claw,
Are you
the icing
or
the cake?"


Rene~June 11, 2013

*I've turned my comment section off for the summer, as I won't have much time to respond.
 As always you can contact me by e-mail and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.
Enjoy your summer (or whatever season it may be in your corner of the world) and take care~
Rene


Image via Magpie Tales "Charleston Farmhouse Door"

Popular posts from this blog

natasha

There was a haunting beauty behind her eyes, beyond her sorrow, a beauty that found its way into one’s heart and led them home.