Skip to main content

the dresser

Venus de Milo with Drawers, Salvador Dali, 1936


make me
the keeper of your trinkets
your dirty little
thrill bits
your moustache
wax
your un-pressed
slacks

load 'em up here
daddy
bring me
your holy psycho
laundry

slip me
the honey in your locket
lemme be the hamper
for your pocket
the bureau
of your shame
the strongbox
for your flame

just scoop 'em up
sugar
fill me with your sacred
goods and plenties

i can be
your safe house Aphrodite
or Venus, more politely
the cocoon
for your treasures
chiffonier
of your pleasures
you can finger me
rightly
with cocktail stirrer charm
nightly

spill 'em all out
baby
your wicked riches
are safe with me

i'll be
your lover
your junk drawer
your doctor
your drunk whore
your casket of faces
your keepsake oasis
go 'head and file me
someplace where
you'll find me
my drawer's
always open
your need is the
key


Rene ~ February 24, 2013
For Magpie Tales

Comments

  1. ha...and you know they will always return when they need you...or something..smiles...fun rhythm to this one rene..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the picture and as Brain said great rhythm, i liked this a lot, well donw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nimble and inventive; quite a post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever poem to this prompt. Always glad to see you in Poetry Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd stash my stuff there .... any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pace and rhythm, very sensuous and flirtatious, loved it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Junk drawer and drunk whore... PERFECT!
    I've read a number of poems written to this prompt. Yours is by far the best. Smart, witty, direct.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...I Love this!
    I'm a junk draw whore...myself!
    This dazzles with brilliance...
    I love how you did it!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gritty galloping rhythm. A pleasure to read and read again. I would tell you my favorite line but I couldn't pick just one. Actually....holy psycho laundry is pretty good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I'd written this! I love it Rene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, the rhythm, the rhymes, the pacing - this would be brilliant to hear performed live, Rene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I echo that - read it onto soundcloud! Great rhythm and a darkness that is at times funny, at times acrid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has such wonderful rhythm, and fabulous wit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowee- toe tapping wit and rhythm....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a wild romp through the bureau drawers...loved this Rene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please drop a penny in a poet's hat :

Popular posts from this blog

natasha

There was a haunting beauty behind her eyes, beyond her sorrow, a beauty that found its way into one’s heart and led them home.