Skip to main content

memories of a young poet

"November Lace" ~ Photo by Rene


marble notebook in hand
she slipped away 
from the fray
unnoticed
up
to her childhood room
through
the bedroom window
and onto the rooftop poetic:

" she sat 
arms hugging knees
surveying life,
the leafless trees
spindly branches claw the sky
scratching for sun,
to heaven they cry
psalms of wisdom,
strength and grace
woven in November lace"
 
the air felt good
against her flushed cheeks
a beautiful sunset
was now in progress
she was thankful for this
she was thankful
for finding her peace
she belonged
right here,
right now
to this moment


Excerpted from "November Lace" by Rene
Rene ~ February 9, 2013

For d'Verse Poetics: The Anecdote

Comments

  1. smiles....rooftops are such cool places to escape to...mine was to the basement...i could go there and no one would find me...that or slip the window and go out back to the cemetary....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The basement, especially the sub-basement, and the attic were favorite hiding spots of mine as well...and the railroad tracks :)

      Delete
  2. "November Lace", that just makes me smile. A beautiful description. And I want to find that hiding place, to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the railroad tracks in my little small town. I think my favorite hiding place was in the woods beside my home growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this telling so much...especially that she found her peace right here and right now & in her childhood room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...ah...finding place you feel belonged with is never seemed to be easy... but then i find my escape & temporary at the attic where all my old friend toys patiently waiting for my visits... priceless & gold memories Rene... thanks for sharing it with us... smiles... and yeah.. i think tomatoes are fruit like aubergines... hihi... have a great remainder of the week... smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely...and the middle stanza really made me feel I was there...much enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the need to escape continues as adults doesn't it...
    of for the reading tree...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have those special places and just be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to have a flat rooftop like they have in the orient so that i could sit there and watch the stars at night...such a peaceful moment...we all need these places where we find balance again

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a beautiful moment it was! Wonderful write! Very descriptive and vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great image of hiding off somewhere to write...I love your photo as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please drop a penny in a poet's hat :

Popular posts from this blog

natasha

There was a haunting beauty behind her eyes, beyond her sorrow, a beauty that found its way into one’s heart and led them home.