she's still not over the fact that she is under the ground she speaks in rattly, clattery hissing voices whenever they come around "I'll reach right up and turn your ankles you unforgivable gits, for burying me, prematurely, over a spell of the coughing fits" so angry with her new residence and bored a deeper shade of blue she's knocked over her marble marker and broken it clean in two. Boo! ~ Rene 2010 To join Magpie Tales click HERE For another take on this magpie please check out "The Song Of The Stone Healer"
epp...will be watching my back...smiles..
ReplyDeletesabre tooth dagger...ha, i like that. nice haiku!
ReplyDeleteThanks for animating the ice on the roof; I'll be more careful walking into those jaws now.
ReplyDeleteYou always manage to elicit a response. Sometimes it is a deep sigh. Sometimes it is a belly laugh. This time, with that last line... a guffaw! so glad you linked up, Rene!
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect! And I got just as much of a kick out of your labels:)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, those icicles are deadly weapons indeed. Your poem captures that.
ReplyDeleteWell Done..I have seen those long teeth snarling at me near my front walk! ;D Clever!
ReplyDeleteAh. I have never ever seen snow/ice. In my refrigerator and my glass only. Not natural.
ReplyDeleteSuccinct but well said!
ReplyDeleteMcGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com
So beautiful but also, as you say, can be a killer.
ReplyDeleteInteresting imagery.
ReplyDelete